Your project should fit into one of the categories below, covering everything from Scratch to hardware projects. If you’ve made something with tech, or you’ve got a project idea, it will probably fit into one of them!
Categories for all Coolest Projects events
- Visual programming (previously Scratch) – Anything developed using a blocks based language including (but not limited to) Scratch, Kodu or MakeCode. This includes projects which use Scratch or visual programming languages to programme hardware elements or electronics.
- Scratch cat goes skiing - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/scratch-cat-goes-skiing
- Boat race - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/boat-race
- Tell a story - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/tell-a-story
- Cat meme generator - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/cat-meme-generator
- Games – Every kind of game made in any text based language on any technology. We would like to see members develop games to engage and excite all those who attend.
- Rock, paper scissors - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/rock-paper-scissors
- Scary spot the difference - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/scary-spot-the-difference
- Beginner Unity - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/cd-beginner-unity-sushi
- Mobile Apps – The applications category is for interactive mobile apps which help, inform or entertain people.
- Zombie apocalypse survival map - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/zombie-apocalypse-map
- App Inventor sushi cards - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/cd-sebento-appinv-1
- Hardware – Robots, machines and hardware hacks. Any project that uses hardware such as the Raspberry Pi, Arduino or Adafruit boards to influence the physical world.
- Build a buggy - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/build-a-buggy
- Beginner wearables sushi cards - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/cd-beginner-wearables-sushi
Additional category for Coolest Projects International
- Advanced programming (previously Evolution) – This category is for projects so cool they have been taken to the next level technically. It includes projects written in advanced languages such as C++, advanced python or which combine multiple technologies, APIs or types of hardware.
- Raspberry Pi Zero time-lapse camera - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/raspberry-pi-zero-time-lapse-cam
- Build an OctaPi - https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/build-an-octapi